Requesting a Debit Card
Account owners and/or beneficiaries of MiABLE accounts eligible for a debit card may request a card during initial enrollment, or at any time afterwards, by logging in to your MiABLE account at www.miable.org.
Once logged in, click on “Profile”.
Then click “My Profile.”
Next, select the “Account Information” tab.
To request a card check the box to indicate Yes, I would like a card for this account. Don’t forget to save your changes by clicking “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
Your debit card and cardholder agreement will be mailed to the mailing address on your account. If the mailing address is blank, debit cards will be mailed to the primary address on your account.
Things you need to know when requesting a debit card:
- If you request a debit card for your account, a portion of your contribution must be allocated in the Cash option of your Investment Direction. The amount in the cash fund will be the amount available for spending using the debit card for this account.
- Cash back or cash advances are not allowed when using your debit card.
- If the account beneficiary is a minor, the Account Administrator will be eligible to request the debit card and will be listed as the primary cardholder. You must be 18 years of age or older to request a debit card.
- Allow 2 – 3 weeks from the date you request your debit card for processing and delivery.
Debit cards are to be used ONLY for Qualified Disability Expenses such as:
- employment training and support;
- assistive technology;
- personal support services;
- health; illness prevention and wellness;
- financial management and administrative services;
- legal fees;
- expenses for oversight and monitoring;
- funeral and burial expenses
Certain merchants are excluded from the list of allowable merchants:
- MGM Grand
Not disability related:
- Precious Stones
- Package Liquor
- Art dealers
- Cigar store
- Dating Services
- Clothing Rental
- Amusement Park
- Tourist attractions
- Betting (Lottery, Casino Gaming)
- Political Orgs
- Religious Orgs
- Bail/Bond payments